The National Rural Network has teamed up with AgriKids to raise awareness among children about the importance of hedgerows for wildlife.
Hedgerows are hotels for wildlife. They provide food, shelter, corridors for movement, nesting, and hibernation sites for many of our wild plants and animals.
- According to the Countryside Bird Survey in Ireland, there are up to 110 bird species regularly recorded using hedges throughout the breeding season!
- Did you know that hedgehogs are often found nesting close to hedgerows? Hedges provide a good supply of bugs and other invertebrates on which hedgehogs feed.
The colouring competition is open to all between the ages of 5 and 12. One winner will be selected from ages 5-7, 8-9, and 10-12.
Each winner will receive a €50 One4all gift voucher sponsored by the National Rural Network and an activity pack sponsored by AgriKids.
- Download and print off the image here
- Colour and decorate the image.
- Provide child’s name, age, and county.
- Take a picture of the image and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide a parental contact number with your entry.
The competition closes at 5 pm on April 16th, 2021.
Return to Newsletter