All of Ireland’s multi-actor EIP-AGRI Operational Group projects are now featured on the National Rural Network’s EIP-AGRI Storymap. You can view this interactive map developed by the NRN team at NUI Galway’s Rural Studies Centre here.
The European Innovation Partnership for Agriculture Productivity and Sustainability (EIP-AGRI) was launched in 2012 to contribute to the EU’s ‘Europe 2020 Strategy’ of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. As of March 2022, 57 EIP-AGRI Operational Group projects have been funded by Ireland’s Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) and the EU under the Rural Development Programme (RDP) 2014-2020 (extended to 2022). See breakdown below:
- 2 Themed EIP-AGRI Operational Group Projects.
- 21 Open Call 1 (Stream A) and Open Call 2 (Steam B) EIP-AGRI Operational Group Projects.
- 24 Locally-led Farm and Community Biodiversity EIP-AGRI Operational Group Projects.
- 8 Farm Health, Safety and Wellbeing EIP-AGRI Operational Group Projects.
- 2 Rewetting of Farmed Peatlands EIP-AGRI Operational Group Projects.
These successful projects have been developed by multi-actor Operational Groups, which bring together actors such as farmers, researchers, advisors and agri-businesses to identify innovative solutions to particular challenges facing the agricultural, food and forestry sectors.
The European Commission’s EIP-AGRI Service Point Operational Group Project Database can be found here. For more information on the EIP-AGRI initiative in Ireland please email the DAFM EIP-AGRI division (email@example.com) and/or visit the EIP-AGRI section of the National Rural Network website.