SUAS Project Overview
This EIP-AGRI project aims to address the complex agricultural, environmental and socioeconomic challenges associated with the management of commonages and farms in the Wicklow/Dublin uplands through the development of an innovative yet practical, locally-led pilot framework.
- You can view/download a full description of this project’s rationale, aims, objectives and activitieshere
- The EIP-AGRI Service Point Operational Group abstract for this project can be found here
- Information about the SUAS Project can also be found on the Irish NRN’s interactive ‘One-Stop-Shop’ Storyboard of EIP-AGRI Operational Groups in Ireland.
SUAS Project – Lessons Learned to Date
SUAS Project Manager, Declan Byrne, provided an update of the various innovative methods being tested by, and subsequent lessons learned from this EIP-AGRI Operational Group project at the EIP-AGRI Symposium entitled ‘Sharing lessons learned and how these might help to inform Ireland’s CAP Strategic plan’ at the most recent Burren Winterage School held via Zoom in October 2020.
You can view this presentation here: https://youtu.be/_YP_s10smiw
SUAS Project – Publication Examples
- Information on the SUAS Pilot Project, its development and the objectives it seeks to fulfil, is available from the SUAS Project Plan.
- SUAS Project Annual Report (2019)
- A comprehensive update on the SUAS Project can also be found on the Teagasc website. See: https://www.teagasc.ie/news–events/daily/sheep/suas-sustainable-uplands-agri-environment-scheme.php
SUAS Project – Contact Details
SUAS Project Manager: Declan Byrne
SUAS Project Email: email@example.com
SUAS Project Website: https://wicklowuplands.ie/suasproject/
SUAS Project Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SUASproject/