Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine Charlie McConalogue, has reminded farmers that the deadline for submitting their 2022 Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) applications online is midnight on Monday 16 May.
This is also the deadline for the related submission of applications for:
- Transfer of Entitlements
- Young Farmer/National Reserve
- Straw Incorporation Measure (SIM)
- Areas of Natural Constraint Scheme (ANC)
- Protein Aid Scheme.
The crops declared on the 2022 Basic Payment Scheme will also determine eligibility for the Tillage Incentive Scheme and the Protein Crops Schemes.
The department has been helping farmers to make their applications in recent weeks through its in-person BPS clinics at locations around the country. Further BPS clinics are scheduled through the month of May. Farmers can also contact the Direct Payments Helpdesk on 057-8674422.
The lines will be open for extended hours in the run up to the application date as follows:
- between 9.15am and 9pm from Monday 9 May to Friday 13 May
- between 9.30am and 5pm on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 May
- between 9.15am and 12 midnight on Monday 16 May.
The Minister commented: “I urge all farmers to lodge their applications as soon as possible before the 16th May deadline. Should any farmer require guidance in making their application, they should attend a BPS Clinic or ring the department’s Helpdesk where a member of staff will be able to assist them.”
Should farmers wish to contact the department in relation to online applications they can do so at:
- 049 4368288 – in relation to queries on registering for https://agfood.agriculture.gov.ie/sso-auth-ui-applicant/#/login – for example queries on lost passwords, how to register
- 057 8674422 in relation to queries on completing the BPS application once registered on www.agfood.ie. or to request a paper copy of the Terms and Conditions.
The department offices in Portlaoise, Co. Laois will also have a team available to meet with farmers from now until the BPS closing date of 16 May 2022.
A list of the dates, times and venues for the remaining BPS Clinics can be downloaded here.