You are invited to express your interest in participating in the new ENRD Thematic Group (TG) on Landscape Features and Biodiversity.
This thematic group provides an opportunity to bring Member State representatives and stakeholders together to discuss how to encourage improved diversity, coverage, connectivity and condition of landscape features within the farmed environment. In this context, the TG on Landscape Features and Biodiversity will focus on the following objectives:
- Explore how landscape features may be protected, maintained, created and restored using a range of CAP interventions within different MS;
- Identify ways in which farmers may be encouraged to see landscape features as adding value to their operations and overcome barriers / challenges to uptake; and
- Share experiences as to how MS have supported landscape features’ retention and creation in the past and how better data and targeted support may lessen habitat fragmentation and increase biodiversity.
The TG will consist of a small but dedicated cross-section of informed and engaged stakeholders from across Europe (around 40 in total) who will commit to participating in two meetings and related activities in between the meetings. The meetings will be held in English without interpretation. In case of over-subscription, participants will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Commitment by the individual (not one’s organisation) to participate in both meetings of the TG (13 October 2022 and 15 December 2022). Both meetings will be held in virtual form.
- Practical experience, policy experience or knowledge regarding maintenance and creation of landscape features and their benefits for biodiversity and ecosystem services.
- Capacity and willingness to contribute to discussions on enhancing the uptake of landscape features at farm level and coordinated approaches to avoid habitat fragmentation.
- Commitment to engage in discussions and communicate TG outcomes to peers and other stakeholders.
Please express and explain your interest in becoming a member of the Thematic Group and in participating in the meetings through the link below by 6 September 2022 at the latest.
Please feel free to forward this expression of interest to other colleagues/stakeholders you find relevant for this TG.
When selecting the Thematic Group members from the expressions of interest, the ENRD Contact Point will – to the extent possible – also take into consideration the need to ensure a balance of participants from EU Member States, sectors and topics. Applicants will receive a confirmation of participation by 13 September 2022.
Please note: this ENRD Thematic Group will take place within the framework of the EU CAP Network, which will be launched in early October. Further information will be provided in the confirmation message. We look forward to involving you in this exciting new phase!
If you have any question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.