The 2020 call for proposals for the EU’s LIFE programme for the Environment and Climate Action was launched on 2nd April 2020.
The programme is open to public bodies or private organisation and NGOs registered in the European Union, with funding amounts up to 55 % of co-funding for most LIFE projects and up to 75 % for nature and biodiversity projects.
The programme is broken down into 2 sub-programmes:
- Environment (Nature and Biodiversity, Environment and Resource Efficiency, Environmental Governance and Information) and,
- Climate (Climate Change Mitigation, Climate Change Adaptation, Climate Governance and Information).
Further information on the call is available at: https://ec.europa.eu/easme/en/section/life/calls-proposals
Please note that the call also includes some new features which the Commission has introduced to take account of the COVID 19 pandemic, namely:
- a one month extension to the submission deadlines
- one-to-one short discussion about applicants’ project concepts with one of their project advisors
- changes to some of the financial aspects around tendering and funding local initiatives
- a special section on start up companies.
Further additional measures are currently being considered and you are advised to check the webpage regularly for updates.
The National Contact Point is available to deal with any queries that may arise at LIFE@dccae.gov.ie.
The Commission will run a virtual conference on 30 April – you can register for the workshop at: https://ec.europa.eu/easme/en/eu-life-information-and-networking-day.